An Introductory About Myself


My name is Bryce Cunnington and I am a senior at Oregon State University. I am majoring in Civil Engineering and am currently looking forward to graduating and getting started in industry.

I am interested in taking this course to expand my exposure to alternative city designs. Living in the United States, I feel that a lot of design choses that are made are a result of what an individual has seen locally and where they have traveled. By coming to the Netherlands, I am able to see differing designs and experience first hand how they operate and flow. 

I have two main personal goals for this course. My first goal is to develop a deeper understanding for prioritization of different modes of travel. This is something that I feel sorely lacks in the US. Travel by car is almost always the only consideration, leaving other modes of transports as extremely undesirable. In some cases, outright dangerous. My other goal is to see how a community that is more conscious on their environmental impact will chose modes of transportation that fit more than one goal. More than just getting from A to B. I hope to experience a mentality of community well being.