Free Weekend Experiences - 07/02/2023

For my free weekend experience I had a doozy of a time.

On the Friday that we were released, I took some time to walk around Delft on my own. I spent a good three hours on the hunt for deodorant as well. Being able complete some errands and experience the city from a resident perspective was very refreshing, it really felt like I had started to settle down. This will make leaving at the end of this study abroad all the more sad. In the evening, I went to the local theater with a few friends to watch the new Indiana Jones movie. This theater was by far better than any theater I have experienced in the States. The snacks were better, and much more varied, a selection of alcoholic drinks were available, and the ease of buying tickets online and scanning your way in is unparalleled. Upon getting to my luxury seat, I promptly finished my bear, watched Indie punch out a dozen Nazis, and then fell asleep. I woke in the final thirty minutes and was very confused why they were in Syracuse with Rome attacking them.

Saturday allowed me to sleep in and then set out into the town once again to explore on my own. I decided to bike back into the country side as I feel more comfortable in the quiet town out there than any busy city. It was incredibly peaceful there and I wish I could have spent more time in the farming country area. I came back into town in the late afternoon to try and see the Formula Race Team at TU Delft with a friend. This team is similar to the race team at OSU. Sadly no one was there, so I got very good Indian food instead. 

Sunday was another relaxed and easy day for me. A few friends and I biked back to the coast and swam in the North Sea for a few hours, getting savory pancakes and bitterballin when we became hungry. After a few more hours wandering the boardwalk, biking to another beach head, and general wandering, we made our way back to Delft before dinner. There was also a Lego store that was thoroughly explored.